Apr- Member of the Month
Monday April 17, 2017
April- Member of the Month
Get to know your April Member of the Month- Lakesha Moore! Our MOM feature is to help you get to know members you might not otherwise have the chance to meet.
You can’t miss the great attitude that Lakesha brings with her into CFL. She works hard at everything she does in and outside the gym. Lakesha rarely shy’s away from giving her absolute best and pushes herself in every workout. You can find Lakesha in the noon class or in the afternoons. We are lucky to have Lakesha and the support she brings to each member of CFL. We love having you at CFL Lakesha, keep up the good work!
1.When did you start CrossFit?- I started CrossFit in September 2013
2.What class at CFL do you frequent?– I have been to every class, but I prefer noon.
3. What type of music do you like to listen when working out? – Hip-hop
4. If you had one wish what would it be?- Other than more wishes? To be able to sing. My voice is terrible.
5. What phrase do you find yourself saying often?– The bomb dot com. As in, “That pizza was the bomb dot com.” Really saying that once is too much.
6. What’s your favorite desert cheat meal?– Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.
7. What do you like to do outside of the gym?– Outside of the gym I love to read, all kinds of fiction and self-help books. I like to cook and bake. And I quilt a little.
8. Favorite movie?– My favorite movies are The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
9. Where can we find you on a Saturday night?– At home with Joshua (her Husband) watching a movie, eating take-out.
10. What’s your CrossFit workout?– Something longer, with running, light kettle bell swings, and box jumps.
11. What’s your favorite CrossFit movement?– Anything with snatches.
12. What does CFL mean to you?- When we moved to California, almost 2 years ago, everything about my life turned upside down. I couldn’t work, my kids didn’t adjust well, I felt isolated and lonely. But then there was CFL. I always felt better when I came through that door.At first, it was hard to be consistent, I was not in a good place. But if I could get myself to go, for an hour I was completely present, in room full of positive, encouraging, like minded people. The more I came the better I felt. I was able to improve, in and out of the gym. Things keep improving, and CFL continues to be my happy place.